Re: exec-action

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: exec-action
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 21:28:35 +0100

On 22. jan. 2006, at 14.20, Christian Kowarzik wrote:

i do icmp checks with monit.
during failure of the destination host monit will alert me once but execute the exec-action every cycle. how can i configure monit, so that it will execute the exec-action only once the destination host goes down like it does with the alert-mail?

You can't, monit will always execute the associated action when an if- test fails. It makes sense for a process, but in this case I can see your point. On the other hand, if the exec-script you call out to could fix the problem, you would probably like monit to call it more than once. Let's hear what Martin thinks first.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Mobil +47 97141255