Re[2]: PGSQL logfile errors

From: Tatsuya Nonogaki
Subject: Re[2]: PGSQL logfile errors
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 18:56:34 +0900

Uhhhhn, sad.

There is one last suggestion I can make.
I have written a SELECT query in protocols/pgsql.c and it is comment-ou
t'ed. I made sure it is left in Monit-4.9 source code. Then, uncomment
the section starting with

  /** Doing this is too suspicious maybe.

and under the line that says
    /** This is where suspicious people can do SELECT query that I dont
 */

insert

    socket_write(s, (unsigned char *)requestQuery, sizeof(requestQuer
y));

Then do make.

This will make monit do a REAL JOB so PostgreSQL may satisfy itself. To
 see these lines are processed, edit postgresql.conf to include these s
ettings and restart PostgreSQL;

log_connections = yes
log_statement = yes
(on PostgreSQL 8.x, set log_statement to `all')

If the queries `select 1 as a' dont appear in postgresql log, something
 totally wrong is going on and I have to give up.

I hope this helps solve the problem.
     Tatsuya Nonogaki