Re: [monit] I want monit to stop a process when monitored one doesn't st

From: Edith de la Torre
Subject: Re: [monit] I want monit to stop a process when monitored one doesn't start
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 09:15:35 +0100

Hello Martin:

I've seen in Feb 2005, Patrick Burns made a patch for timeout, perfect
for me, but I can't apply this patch to 4.10 version. Can you help me
aplying this patch? or is there another one?

Thanks
> The timeout statement doesn't support other actions currently.
>
> We plan the support for what you have described.
>
> Martin
>

> Edith de la Torre wrote:
> >Hello:
> >
> >I have a process being monitored by monit. Now, if it doesn`t start,
> >usually we do:
> >
> >if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout
> >
> >but i want something like:
> >
> >if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then exec "stop another process"
> >
> >but monit tells me there's an error in configuration file when i use
> >"exec".
> >
> >So what can i do if i want monito to stop process 2 when process 1 is
> >down and does not start?
> >
> >Thanks in advanced for your help
> >

> --

GPG Key ID: DBD0DDBB
Linux User: 48597

 address@hidden

pub  1024D/DBD0DDBB 2001-03-18 Edith de la Torre <address@hidden>
     Key fingerprint = 3B06 6657 91EF 27C5 394D  C9B2 31E5 35D1 DBD0 DDBB
sub  1024g/1E6A0BEC 2001-03-18