[monit] multiple email alerts for the same event in 4.10.1

From: Warwick Poole
Subject: [monit] multiple email alerts for the same event in 4.10.1
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:22:45 -0400

Hi

Love Monit, thank you.

I read in the changelog of 4.10.1 "The bottom line is that you will no
longer get many duplicate alerts for the same problem" yet I seem to
get multiple email alerts when I define per-service alert addresses.

I define a global alert address in monitrc (This is Debian etch BTW),
but override the global alert location in a few selected per-service
definitions, for ex, this is one of my config files:

set alert  address@hidden

check file auth.log with path /var/log/auth.log
noalert address@hidden
     ignore match "Accepted publickey for root from xxxxx"
     ignore match "CRON\["                                              # cron

     if match "Accepted publickey for"  then alert
     if match "ROOT LOGIN"  then alert
     if match "FAILED LOGIN"  then alert

What happens here is I get 2 or 3 emails sent to
address@hidden for any single event from this service, as well
as events like monit restarts.

Is this a bug, or a config issue of some kind?

Thanks!