Re: Internal HTTP Server

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Internal HTTP Server
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 21:45:48 +0200

Hi,

the event queue is designed to retry events which cannot be delivered for some
reason (such as temporary network problems) - the event can be limited in size,
but in such case new events which will exceed the quota will be dropped (old
events are kept so the admin can see the beginning of the problem). The events
are stored as individual files (removed automatically when delivery succeeded),
so you can have cron job which will purge it.

Monit http interface doesn't provide access to the event queue.

Another option can be to use M/Monit (http://www.mmonit.com) to centrally
manage Monit agents including their events - Monit then sends events to M/Monit
which stores it and allows further processing per custom rules (including mail
notification, instant messaging notification, program execution in next
release). Events page screenshot:
http://www.mmonit.com/screenshots/mmonit_events.html

Regards,
Martin