I’m having some strange issues with Monit. I’ve tried it to monitor my digital signage players.
The players are NUC’s running Ubuntu 14.04.3 with a full screen Google Chrome browser.
For some reason enabling Monit on these players messes up the video playback in the browser and I end up with a lot of video tear and higher CPU usage.
I find this very strange and I cannot see a logical explanation for this so I’m a bit clueless in the troubleshooting. I can provide all necessary log files on request of course.
If I play a video in the browser with monit enabled I have a average CPU usage of 80 % and bad playback / tear.
When I disable Monit and reboot I have smooth playback and a average CPU usage of 40 %.