Re: Check a process (specifically its memory consumption) only if it exi

From: Alan Christie
Subject: Re: Check a process (specifically its memory consumption) only if it exists?
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2018 21:27:57 +0000

Thanks Lutz,

Sadly I always get an “alert”, with the description "process is not running”. It makes sense, the process is not running. But I don’t care if the process is not running - I’m only interested in alerts if the process is running and the memory consumption is too high.

It looks like I have to provide my own script to do the logic and do something like…

check program blob path /usr/local/bin/blob-check.sh timeout 10 seconds
  if status != 0 then alert

Sadly this means I have to put the logic and thresholds in the script so it’s not as easy to adjust as the test (if memory usage > 8 MB) is now in the script/program.

Ideally, my problem would be solved if I could disable the "process is not running” alert.

Alan Christie
address@hidden