Re: Sometimes when restarting Monit it resets all services to unmonitore

From: Lutz Mader
Subject: Re: Sometimes when restarting Monit it resets all services to unmonitored
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2020 20:28:34 +0200

Hello Ciprian,
this is a useful setting.

> My conclusion:  the "correct" setting should be `mode passive onreboot
> laststate`.

As long as you are aware that all services are "stopped"/"not monitored"
not monitored again. But you should get no problems because you said
monit is used for monitoring purpose only.

To do a "restart" test without a restart I stop monit and delete the
".monit.state" file. After monit is up again, monit can not detect the
last state and think it is a restart.

With regards,
Lutz