[Monotone-devel] Re: Tags

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Tags
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:35:50 -0500

Zbynek Winkler wrote:

I am checking out monotone (mainly for its explicit comunication with network and its inherent distributed character). I have read the online docs but I have found no mention of tags. Is there such a thing? I'd imagine that it would be a short name for an id of a manifest (=tree state). Also - is there a way to checkout by a date? Something like 'get a tree from five days ago'?

there is a tag-making command, but no commands which use tags yet. they are just certificates with name "tag" and some user-provided value; it's merely a matter of teaching the checkout command (and perhaps others) to understand them.

likewise, date certificates are stored but not currently usable from any commands. the UI is basically lacking in this area. if you'd like to file them as some bugs, they're obviously important, I'll try to address them during this development cycle.

-graydon