Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Support for binary files, scalability and Windo

From: Zbynek Winkler
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Support for binary files, scalability and Windows port
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:16:07 +0100

Asger Kunuk Ottar Alstrup wrote:

  - port to windows: 1-4 person-weeks. could be as simple as doing a
    configure with a cygwin toolchain, could be uglier if either you
    don't like cygwin, or cygwin doesn't work, or there are windows
    peculiarities I haven't insulated against.

It seems Zbynek Winkler more or less nailed that one today, so that is
good news.
Well, I just managed to compile it :-). We'll have to see how it works. There is some unit test I suppose... how do I invoke/compile it? Make with no arguments got me just the monotone.exe and I didn't find any instructions regarding this.

The next step would be to develop a TortoiseCVS/TortoiseSVN kind of
client, but that should not require any changes in monotone as such.
Yes! That'd be great! I am using TortoiseCVS and it is just great.
Zbynek