Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Re-creating a depot?

From: Jeremy Hinegardner
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Re-creating a depot?
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:58:50 -0700

>>>>> "graydon" == graydon hoare <address@hidden> writes:

graydon> sounds like "bug". it ought to report locking failure if it's
graydon> locked, otherwise let you go. though, honestly, I haven't
graydon> investigated concurrent access to a single database very
graydon> much. sqlite supposedly does handle it, but I haven't given it
graydon> a real shake.

There was some recent traffic on the sqlite list regarding concurrency.

Since sqlite uses flock() internally to lock the database, if multiple
handles to the same database are opened in the same process (or within
multiple Linux threads spawned from the same parent) and then one of
them closes its handle, the lock disappears for all things in that
process or thread group..  This is a known issue with flock() and it is
fixed in sqlite release 2.8.10.

See sqlite ticket #561: http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/tktview?tn=561

I don't know if this is the issue that is appearing, but it could be.

enjoy,

-jeremy

 Jeremy Hinegardner                              address@hidden