[Monotone-devel] Re: BitTorrent

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: BitTorrent
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 01:04:31 -0500

Peter Simons wrote:

So, how does monotone it in there? Is it possible to run a
depot in a meaningful and simple way through BitTorrent?

mm, bittorrent it very good, yes (as are many p2p transfer programs; try edonkey for example) but I doubt it'll fit monotone's needs especially well. these things are very clever, but I think work best in the situation of many readers/traders of one big data blob, rather than a collection of small things that many peers write into at various times.

-graydon