Re: [Monotone-devel] current CVS import status

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] current CVS import status
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:08:59 +0200

Nathaniel schrieb:
Christof Petig schrieb:
I did not find a command for merging the active head with a part of another head. [Is that what is called cherrypicking?] So I fell back to

No, cherrypicking would be if you have manifests A, B, and C, and you
apply diff(A, B) to C.  "I want that fix over there, please."

Cherrypicking would solve this task, too. Actually I tried to apply one changeset (manifest diff) from one head on a different head.

So I wanted to apply diff(A,B) to C, that C is also a descendant of A is a special case here. This special case might cause different "correct" ancestry graphs though.

Is there any more decent way to accomplish this?

Not at the moment.  It's an obvious hole in the UI that you can't
pass 'merge' two manifest ids and have it merge just those two.

Should I file a bug?

   Christof

PS: Sorry for replying strangely, my subscription was lost (in the current virus storm?) and I had to copy and paste this message to my mail folder.