Re: [Monotone-devel] Ideas and questions.

From: Nathan Myers
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Ideas and questions.
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:27:18 -0800

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 09:07:29AM -0700, Derek Scherger wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
>
> Really, when you think about the entire command, "monotone" is only part
> of the story. i.e. "monotone rename oldfile newfile" isn't going to be
> improved very much by "mtn rename oldfile newfile".

I haven't seen any suggested abbreviations that appeal at all.
Anyway, who doesn't just type "mono" and hit the TAB key?

If somebody disinclined to code C++ wants to do something useful,
how about preparing bash autocompletion templates for the monotone
subcommands?  That would help ward off demands for short aliases for
those subcommands.

Nathan Myers
address@hidden