Re: [Monotone-devel] History of a single file

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] History of a single file
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 21:47:25 -0800

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 08:29:09PM +0200, Henry Nestler wrote:
> Hello!
>
> can i get a history of a single file.
> As list of changes by date,

"monotone log <filename>"

> and then as list of diff between changes.

This isn't currently doable, except by a bit of scripting.  The log
output has the pre- and post- revision ids for each revision the file
changed in, though, and they can be passed directly to "monotone diff
--revision=<rev1> --revision=<rev2> <filename>".

> Yes, I can do this with single commands if I get hash for every version
> from a log or so.
> Perhaps have anybody a nice script to do that?
>
> I use sometime monotone-viz, but this program runs not on machine with
> text console, ssh connection. :-(

ssh X forwarding? ;-)

In mathematics, it's not enough to read the words
you have to hear the music