Re: [Monotone-devel] [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.19

From: Nathan Myers
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.19
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 09:13:14 -0700

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 01:15:29PM +0200, Nico -telmich- Schottelius wrote:

> - You speak about compression/decompression, are there in general
>   processes, which can be optimized? I don't mean algorithms
>   or something like that.

In particular, must it be compressed/decompressed at all?  Can't
the server send it compressed?  If it must be decompressed to check
the hash, might the compressed image not be retained, to push into
the database without need to compress it again?

Anyway, is there any point to compressing, these days?  Maybe it
should be a local repository option.  Netsync would adapt to either.

Nathan Myers
address@hidden