Re: [Monotone-devel] multiple (3+) ancestors

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] multiple (3+) ancestors
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 12:39:08 -0800

Hi,

Zack Weinberg wrote:
I have *no idea* what this means.  Not only can I not tell whether
N-parent revisions are a sensible solution to your problem, I can't
even figure out what the problem is or whether it needs a solution.

Speaking with the monotone tongue on: CVS allows you to create tags on multiple revisions, like "oh, I'm tagging foo from revision 5a324.. and bar from 9473..". Likewise for branches :-(

As does subversion...

[I am not very sympathetic to the desire to mimic arbitrarily broken
CVS history graphs in monotone.]

Limiting monotone to only two ancestors per revision seems likely arbitrarily.

Regards

Markus