[Monotone-devel] Freeze on Windows using ssh transport

From: William Uther
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Freeze on Windows using ssh transport
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 16:19:15 +1100

Hi all,

Having started everyone here using monotone, we're now getting freezes on windows using the ssh transport.

Setup:

A central Unix box has a db. Everyone has a login. Everyone is using ssh to sync. Everyone (but me) is using 0.32 binaries from the website (incl. the unix box). (I'm using a more recent revision.)

Problem:

The people using windows (and only them) are having intermittent sync issues. When they sync, mtn counts everything, then exchanges about 2k each direction, then freezes. The weird part is that this is intermittent. It seems to work for an initial sync, and if it just worked then it will work again. If it is failing for a user it will continue to fail for them. If they have no local changes to send, then they can just blow away their local db, make a new one, re- sync, and it will work... until they try to sync 30 minutes later and it fails.

We've switched to a netsync server on one of the windows boxes and that seems to work fine.

Is this is a known issue?

Will        :-}