Re: [Monotone-devel] Question on layering

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Question on layering
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:57:54 -0600

> Yep, I'm aware of these. The problem is that they all need a
> terminus running outside the firewall, and also are probably
> forbidden under our policies as they are generic tunnels not just
> protocols which happen to run over HTTP.

*shrug* It might be time to start investigating extending monotone to
present an HTTP interface as well (i.e. mtn serve --protocol http).
Using RESTful programming techniques, it might be possible to
represent the features of the netsync protocol into a more verbose
HTTP context.  Could be something to put on a wishlist somewhere.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to invest in such an endeavor.

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/