Re: [Monotone-devel] Freeze on Windows using ssh transport

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Freeze on Windows using ssh transport
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:43:32 +1100

    Daniel> It may be that some data is not getting flushed to the
    Daniel> socket, in the windows ssh case, and that produces the
    Daniel> same symptoms.

I have heard that in the early days of rsync and ssh there were a lot
of problems with deadlocks, due to bugs in both programs.

eg. client sends data to ssh and waits for a reply. Meanwhile ssh is
not sending the data because it is waiting for its buffer to become
full first. So the server never gets the data, and never responds.

I wasn't involved, so I don't know the full details.

My point is though that the problem may be with the Windows ssh
client.
--
Brian May <address@hidden>