Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [HACKERS] SCMS question

From: Hugo Cornelis
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [HACKERS] SCMS question
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 15:47:34 -0600

On 2/22/07, William Uther <address@hidden> wrote:
$Id:$ in the repository.  It is expanded again on checkout.  This not
only helps with checksumming, but also makes sure that there are no
spurious changes between revisions.

Of course, you want to keep this optional and disabled by default.
Subversion uses attributes to turn on specific keywords for specific
files.

What I currently do is I expand / remove keywords manually with a perl
script.  In a separate configuration file, there is a list of files to
search for keywords and a list of keywords with their expansion.

It would be nice if monotone has the right hooks to automate this
process, (just a matter of technical implementation I guess).  When
using scripts and hooks, monotone has nothing to do anymore with
keyword expansion, simplifying the implementation.

Then, alternatively, there is also the m7 script that computes a
'subversion style' revision id, given a local database.

Hugo

--
                   Hugo Cornelis Ph.D.

                 Research Imaging Center
  University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
                   7703 Floyd Curl Drive
                San Antonio, TX  78284-6240

                   Phone: 210 567 8112
                     Fax: 210 567 8152