Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [HACKERS] SCMS question

From: Hugo Cornelis
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [HACKERS] SCMS question
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:14:21 -0600

On 2/22/07, William Uther <address@hidden> wrote:
The problem is in detecting if a file has changed.  If you're using
compressed keywords in the database then manual expansion of those
keywords causes monotone to think the file has changed.  If you're
not using compressed keywords in the database then you can do some

If there would be a hook that gets called before the SHAs get computed
on the workspace, that hook could remove the keyword expansions (in a
temporary file, obviously).  Doesn't that solve the problem ?  Or is
there also a concern of performance for large workspaces ?

Given monotone's unwieldy revision ids, Revision is possibly not so
useful anyway, and the Log keyword was always a terrible idea :).

Agree.

All you really need to do is redefine Id from <FileName, Revision,
Date, Author> to <FileName, Branch, Date, Author> and you'd could get
most functionality with manual expansion.

In general, having user definable keywords supported like in prcs is
really useful.  That is the reason that I wrote my own keyword
expander.

Hugo

--
                   Hugo Cornelis Ph.D.

                 Research Imaging Center
  University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
                   7703 Floyd Curl Drive
                San Antonio, TX  78284-6240

                   Phone: 210 567 8112
                     Fax: 210 567 8152