Re: [Monotone-devel] Command design and naming?

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Command design and naming?
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 16:09:16 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:26:18 -0500, address@hidden
said:

hendrik>  On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 11:22:05AM -0300, Alex Queiroz wrote:
hendrik> > Hallo,
hendrik> >
hendrik> > On 2/23/07, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
hendrik> > >
hendrik> > >Ah!  A new scripting language.
hendrik> > >
hendrik> >
hendrik> >     Monotone already embeds a very good one. Maybe it should be used
hendrik> > for more than "hooks" and make Monotone be as extensible as, say,
hendrik> > Emacs? So one could write a "Monotone CVS mode" and another one could
hendrik> > write a "Monotone Git mode".
hendrik> > Cheers,
hendrik>
hendrik> And maybe a text editor? :-)
hendrik>
hendrik> And maybe a text editor through a networked remote-access mechanism
hendrik> (better known as a wiki?) (serious proposal)

You know what Zawinski said, right?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zawinski's_law_of_software_envelopment

Cheers,
Richard