Re: [Monotone-devel] Encouraging merges?

From: Paul Crowley
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Encouraging merges?
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 12:23:55 +0000

William Uther wrote:
P.S. This is not a request for the current project I'm working on. I was thinking of using monotone with undergrads though, and they often require some constraints for their own good.

This isn't the "monotonic" way to do it. "sync" synchronizes facts, not assertions. The Monotone way would be to have a policy on the branch that means that only a single centralized server can sign revisions into the branch, and it can enforce a linear history. Breaking "sync" would just be bad.
--
  __
\/ o\ Paul Crowley, address@hidden