Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Policy branches - first steps

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Policy branches - first steps
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 12:05:20 +1100

    Paul> The question is how attached we are to ssh-agent.  It's very
    Paul> cool but it's limiting in this regard.  If we want to go
    Paul> with it, it's a question of whether we can persuade it to
    Paul> accept 256-bit q.

I came in late, but enhancing ssh-agent would be a good thing IMHO.

Whatever happens, I really like the model of ssh-agent - if an
attacker gets access to the ssh-agent socket, they cannot use this to
get access to the private key or password - so the damage is limited
to the duration they have access to the socket.

Unlike, say gnupg-agent which simply provides the password to whoever
asks for it (Years ago I heard rumours of a ssh-agent like system for
gnupg but I am not sure what happened...).
--
Brian May <address@hidden>