[Monotone-devel] Revision with two branch certs

From: Boris
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Revision with two branch certs
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 16:42:31 +0900

A co-worker checked in new revisions which for some reason contain two branch certs (and thus belong to two branches). I've never seen this nor do I have any idea how he did this (I don't need to ask him as he doesn't know either ;). What I can tell so far is that he worked on some code in another branch and propagated his latest revision to the main branch - something I've done often myself without the "merged revision" ending up in two branches. I don't know what other commands he entered inbetween. I'm actually more interested in getting rid of one of the two branch certificates as it doesn't make much sense now to have two branches if all revisions end up in both of them automatically. Any ideas?

Boris