Re: [Monotone-devel] Packages for Debian testing

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Packages for Debian testing
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 18:17:18 -0700

On 7/6/07, Ludovic Brenta <address@hidden> wrote:
Second, I would indeed encourage you, Richard and Zack, to co-maintain
the package.  That means, as a prerequisite, that I'd like you to
agree on merging your scripts, and on a long-term maintenance
strategy.

Okay.  Since Shaun has just shifted the existing experimental package
to unstable with the intention of pushing that to testing ahead of
boost 1.34, we shouldn't do anything for ten days, so that gives us
some time to figure it out.  [ I am not certain 0.33-2 will actually
go into testing after ten days - grep-excuses seems to think bug
425907 is relevant even though it affects 0.31-8 too, and *may* be
confused about which boost libraries it needs... but we don't have to
worry about that right now, anyway. ]

As far as scripts, I don't have any; I was just taking the official
0.35 release tarball and manually applying relevant bits of the 0.31-8
Debian diff, plus one post-0.35 change.  I'd be inclined to track
official releases as closely as possible.  Richard, what are your
thoughts?

One thing I noticed is that the existing debian/rules does not run the
test suite.  Do we want to start doing that?  I am inclined to say
yes.

I will rebuild the package myself on my amd64 machine, and do some
minimal testing, before each upload.  Also I will proofread the build
scripts and changelog for each upload.  It is not necessary that you
have access to all of Debian's architectures.

Then I'll be happy to sponsor the package for the both of you, and for
the benefit of Debian and Monotone users.

Sounds good.  Do you want to be in Uploaders: ?

zw