Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Buildbot notification hooks

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Buildbot notification hooks
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:39:42 +0200

Richard Levitte wrote:
Yeah, but what are the implicatoins?

My guess is, that anybody could send a change to the buildbot server, which then tries to make the slaves build that revision. The slaves will of course fail, if the revision doesn't exist. But since the changelog and author texts of the revision are shown in the Waterfall output (the stuff shown on http://monotone.ca/buildbot/), it's basically an 'everybody could post anything' bug, AFAIU.

Although, I'll hopefully have fixed it until the spammers will notice ;-)

Regards

Markus