Re: [Monotone-devel] Intermittent buildbots, Buildbot on Windows, and ru

From: Rob Schoening
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Intermittent buildbots, Buildbot on Windows, and runit on Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 14:40:42 -0700

One thing that might be helpful for x86-based systems is to use a VM for these buildbots.   For instance, one person could set them up once inside VMWare server (free) and then distribute the image to whomever was willing to host one.

It would work for windows too, but OS licensing issues would deter sharing images.

I have some spare capacity and would be willing to host a virtual buildbot server so long as the maintenance is minimal.

RS