Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Imminent release...

From: Matthew Gregan
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Imminent release...
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 23:10:56 +1200

At 2007-07-26T06:56:10-0400, Stephen Leake wrote:
> Hmm. Then either the binary release for Windows does a static link with
> libintl-8, or it is broken. Or you are mistaken.

The last release (0.35) predates the changes that fixed i18n support on
Win32, so the binary on monotone.ca won't contain libintl-8.

The Visual Studio instructions and project files probably haven't been
updated for all this because we've never had a VS buildbot and the official
binaries are built with MinGW.

> Or I'm compiling with some switch that disables i18n? Hmm. config.log says
> I just ran "configure"; no arguments.

Old versions of gettext were broken on Win32 such that i18n support is
disabled during configure or just silently fails, I can't remember
which... it was a few months ago that I looked at this.

> Are there are mtn tests that use i18n?

I don't think so.  It'd be good to have tests for this, but I'm not
immediately sure what form they would take.

Cheers,
-mjg
--
Matthew Gregan                     |/