Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: New commands (for mtn, in lua)

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: New commands (for mtn, in lua)
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 12:12:15 +0200

Hi,

Ulf Ochsenfahrt wrote:
(I'm also in favor of automatically updating the workspaces afterwards.)

Why is that?

It's perfectly legal to keep workspaces around, which belong to an old revision - ones which shouldn't be updated.

Additionaly, I often have multiple workspaces around, while only wanting to update *one* of them, so that I don't have to worry about possibly merging local changes of other branches.

Again, please keep separate things separate. (And instead write simple scripts for things like "sync here, pull there, propagate a little and then update some of my workspaces".)

Regards

Markus