Re: [Monotone-devel] No windows buildbot?

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] No windows buildbot?
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 08:43:54 -0700

MinGW: http://www.venge.net/mtn-wiki/BuildingOnWindows

> > I don't have any windows in the house, unfortunately, so I can't
> > exactly help directly, but it seems like this would be a good thing to
> > fix?  If we don't have testing, there's no way to guarantee that the
> > next release of monotone will work on windows at all, and I suspect
> > some people on this list would find that problematic :-).
>
> Yes, I would.
>
> I do try to run the testsuite often on my own machine, but that's not
> the same as a buildbot.

Nope... a buildbot is much less effort for you :-).

> I have a machine that I'm intending to set up a Windows MinGW buildbot
> on.
>
> I've been waiting for better buildbot install instructions to show up,
> and for time to spend on it. The most recent set of emails about
> setting up buildbots was discouraging.

The details of getting buildbot working on win32 is also something I'm
not an expert on, unfortunately, but since we seem to have a working
vs2005 buildbot already I'm sure someone around here knows how to do
it :-).

Details are all that matters; God dwells there, and you never get to
see Him if you don't struggle to get them right. -- Stephen Jay Gould