Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone Summit 2008

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone Summit 2008
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 16:26:55 +0200

Hi,

please everybody: fill in dates you can attend a monotone summit in 2008 here: http://www.venge.net/mtn-wiki/MtnSummit2008 -- it helps a lot getting a date fixed soon and having a rough idea of how many people might want to come.

I wrote:
I've mailed Leslie and asked if Google would be interested in sponsoring again.

According to Leslie, Google may very well be interested in supporting us again. However, I'm unclear if it's possible to hold the summit at Google/Zurich or if Leslie wants us to come to Mountain View ;-)

I can certainly do most of the organizational stuff involved if we can get this summit set up in Zurich. It would obviously get more difficult for me, if we'd go with Google/MtnView. I could help organizing anyway.

As Leslie and Nathaniel were talking about April 2008 - and because that would give us more time for organizing, I favor that now. It seems like a more realistic date.

I'm still open for other possibilities and locations. FOSDEM seems attracting, too. Maybe we should now try to get a DevRoom anyway? Who is planning to attend FOSDEM? If we get at least three developers together, we could organize a user focused event. Anybody up for it?

Regards

Markus