Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Do we really need to IDN-encode cert names, key

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Do we really need to IDN-encode cert names, keypair ids, and database variable domains?
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 01:12:23 -0700

> > Thoughts?  I should emphasise that I'm not suggesting this for the
> > release Richard wants to make Thursday.  That would be entirely too
> > risky.  Also, as a data point, neither the Monotone nor the Pidgin
> > databases contain any strings that would be changed by this proposal.
>
> What about the OE database?

Same.  But you don't have to take my word for it:

$ mtn -d OE.mtn db execute "select distinct domain from db_vars" | grep xn--
$ mtn -d OE.mtn db execute "select distinct name from revision_certs"
| grep xn--
$ mtn -d OE.mtn db execute "select distinct id from public_keys" | grep xn--

> And while on the OE subject, why not use the
>  OE database in your performance tests, since it's by far the biggest
> and slooooooooowest repository that is publically available and used in
> real life

I'll do that in the future, but the snapshot is not that much bigger
than my local monotone database:

-rw-r--r-- 1 zack zack 154M 2007-10-20 11:23 monotone.mtn
-rw-r--r-- 1 zack zack 183M 2007-10-20 21:39 OE.mtn

zw