[Monotone-devel] special files

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] special files
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:55:21 +0200

% context 351 file_io.cc
   348    vector<path_component> special_files;
   349    fill_pc_vec ff(files), df(dirs), sf(special_files);
   350    do_read_directory(path.as_external(), ff, df, sf);
   351    E(special_files.empty(), F("cannot handle special files in dir
'%s'") % path);
   352  }
   353
   354  // This function can only be called once per run.

It happened I got a "cannot handle special files in dir '.'" while
versioning my home directory.
I (manually) found the special file (which was some kind of socket
created by rxvt-unicode), but I wonder: is it really necessary to stop
mtn from executing at all simply because there is a special file in the
workspace?
Couldn't it simply be skipped?

I mean: it was not in the roster at all, but I couldn't even execute
"mtn st" correctly... and the error message didn't tell me the name of
the problematic file either =)

Is there a special reason for that I don't see, or should I patch it
somehow?

    Lapo