Re: [Monotone-devel] Lua based "mtn base" for convenient sub-branch mana

From: Ralf S. Engelschall
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Lua based "mtn base" for convenient sub-branch management
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:06:02 +0100

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007, Richard Levitte wrote:

> For things like these, I propose that a directory
> contrib/lua-commands/ or somesuch be created in n.v.m and that hacks
> like this get stored in there for everyone to enjoy.

You mean, one file "xxx.lua" per command "mtn xxx"? Like this:

    contrib/command/fuse.lua
    contrib/command/conflicts.lua
    contrib/command/foo.lua
    contrib/command/bar.lua
    contrib/command/quux.lua

Sounds really reasonable to me, especially because this way if one
wishes to out-of-the-box include some of the commands in an own Lua one
just have to add include("contrib/command/xxx.lua") to std_hooks.lua and
the stuff will be included directly into the "mtn" command. I vote +1
for Richard's suggestion and volunteer to assemble the currently known
commands there...
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       address@hidden
                                       www.engelschall.com