[Monotone-devel] options for automate inventory

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: [Monotone-devel] options for automate inventory
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 05:17:22 -0500

I'm adding options to 'automate inventory' to not output unknown,
ignored, or unchanged files; these provide significant speed
improvements. I'm not clear what the best names are.

One issue is that 'automate stdio' doesn't handle options that don't
take values; according to monotone.texi, the input format is:

where the pair of strings is 'option name', 'value'.

So the simple boolean options '--no-unknown' etc won't work with
'automate stdio'. Unless the second string can be zero length? I
haven't tried that.

Changing 'automate stdio' to handle no-value options does not seem
straight-forward.

I'm planning to use '--unknown false', '--ignored false', '--unchanged
false', with the default value of 'true' for each option.

Any comments?

--
-- Stephe