Re: [Monotone-devel] ikiwiki monotone support

From: William Uther
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] ikiwiki monotone support
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:24:15 +1100

On 13/01/2008, at 5:53 PM, Brian May wrote:

Hello,

Just trying to get monotone support in ikiwiki going.

I hacked that up a while back. I got it to the point where I could use it on my mac with 'web sharing'.

I think there was one patch that never got applied to the ikiwiki source. It is inline in this page:

http://ikiwiki.info/bugs/Monotone_rcs_support/

Grab the diff from the source of that page, not the html...

1. Any reason why the Debian package doesn't install the Monotone.pm
file by default?

As Zack noted, that file could probably do with some work.

2. Defaults for --confdir --rcfile --keydir seem can't be changed. The
defaults seem to be strange.

Er, yeah. The only one of those that should be a problem is the -- keydir. As an ugly hack, you could install a link in /root/.monotone/ keys :).

For an rcfile, as noted in the example ikiwiki.setup, you use the workspace rc file, _MTN/monotonerc. The monotone ikiwiki plugin will also create and load _MTN/mergerc, although much of this functionality is now in the default hooks, so that bit of code could probably be simplified a fair bit now...

Any ideas on how to change the defaults without hacking Monotone.pm?

If you don't want to add the link in /root/.monotone, then you can alter your $HOME as Zack suggested, or add the option to Monotone.pm.

If you edit Monotone.pm, look for "open ($$)" and see how it handles $db and $workspace. You'll then also want to change ikiwiki to use it. That support is in the ikiwiki source at IkiWiki/Rcs/monotone.pm

Cheers,

Will      :-}