Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Re: Re: How will policy branches work?

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Re: Re: How will policy branches work?
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 18:09:39 +0100

Hi,

Justin Patrin wrote:
I think what you're describing is a false sense of security. If the
"central repository" enforces that certain people can pull certain
files an certain people can't then that doesn't stop someone who has
access sending the files over to someone who doesn't have access.

Well, at least some of the largest software companies are obviously using that model quite successfully. Or how come I didn't get the sources for Oracle, for example?

[ To me, that sounds somewhat like the "you got the wrong problem" attitude, which is already way too common for many OSS projects. ]

Regards

Markus