[Monotone-devel] locale bug ?

From: Hugo Cornelis
Subject: [Monotone-devel] locale bug ?
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 11:47:03 -0600

Hi,

I have a problem with automated certification of versions in my
monotone repositories.
I try to add certs to specific revisions in one of my monotone
repositories, and the monotone commands are run from an automated test
script over a cron job.

The certs are added using the following command:

$ mtn cert '5bff4fed76f3d6351d0f2edcc0b3cb4735126c6b' build_report
'yaml_text follows
---
build_report:
    command: /usr/local/bin/neurospaces_build
    name: Build report

where monotone answers with the error message:

mtn: misuse: error converting 12 UTF-8 bytes to IDNA ACE: non-LDH characters

Any ideas how I can solve the problem and avoid it in the future?  Is
this a bug or am I doing something wrong ?  Is this related to the
fact that the cert value is a multi line string ?

Second, if the cert happens to start with minus signs, like

$ mtn cert 5bff4 build_report "--- !!perl/hash:Neurospaces::Build::Report"

I get an error message because monotone takes the argument as an
option.  Is there any way to force monotone to parse the argument as a
non-option ?

I am using:

$ mtn --version
monotone 0.36 (base revision: e4bc808d89e029ce623f9e8f2b10c84006b83fb5)

Thanks,

Hugo

--
                     Hugo Cornelis Ph.D.

                  Research Imaging Center
   University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
                    7703 Floyd Curl Drive
                 San Antonio, TX  78284-6240

                    Phone: 210 567 8112
                      Fax: 210 567 8152