[Monotone-devel] Sync Issue

From: Anthony Edward Cooper
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Sync Issue
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 23:58:31 +0000

   Hello,

We use monotone 0.35 at work and have been having some minor issues when syncing databases. The problem seems to happen when a database has a couple of revisions to upload and several hundred revisions to download (at a minimum). The sync sometimes locks up the client and the server locks out other clients while the offending client is left running. The server is idle waiting on poll, presumably waiting for some subtransaction to complete. It resumes normal operation once the faulty client is terminated. Once the client has done this once it does it again when rerun.

It has only happened twice so far in 10 months or so. On the last occasion I tried doing separate pushes and pulls, both of which worked first time. The user was then able to carry on syncing as normal. The database is about 1GB in size.

Is this a known problem that has been fixed? I looked in the update notes and your bug tracking system but didn't come across anything like this.

   Many thanks in advance,

   Tony Cooper.