Re: [Monotone-devel] Summer of Code 2008

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Summer of Code 2008
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 11:42:18 -0800

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 06:13:45PM +0100, Thomas Keller wrote:
> Thomas Keller schrieb:
> > I've just read on Slashdot that Google announced the fourth edition of
> > its Summer of Code [0]. We certainly want to participate this year,
> > don't we?!
> >
> > They start accepting applications from mentoring organizations from
> > March 3rd - I'd like to team up with somebody who has some more
> > experience with the program than me and bring it foward. Anyone up to
> > help out?
>
> So, the application is now open and I've started to collect information
> for our very own application in the wiki [0]. Could one of the guys
> who're sending the application last year / the year before last year
> give me the original application texts as blueprint for this year's
> application?

2006 was disorganized enough that there wasn't really any formal
application.

The application for 2007 (that they ended up not reading because of
confusing deadline issues) is still up at
  http://www.venge.net/mtn-wiki/SummerOfCode2007
and probably most of it still applies.

Electrons find their paths in subtle ways.