Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone upgrade policy for the SQLite copy?

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone upgrade policy for the SQLite copy?
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 21:16:47 +0100

Hi,

Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
As Monotone is already using its own build-environment

..which is a bad thing(tm), which we want to get rid of, IMO...

for building the
sqlite/*.c files we instead actually can switch from sqlite/*.[ch] to
just the sqlite3.[ch] files from the SQLite "amalgamation" distribution.

As far as I understand, the point of amalgamation is, that there's only one preprocessed C file.

Fully backward compatible on-disk format will be not possible in the
long-term, so as long as a dump/restore is still possible everything
should be fine.

This is an SQL database - they cannot drop dump/restore upgrading possibility without loosing most users ;-)

Ok, I volunteer and will try to upgrade and test Monotone with SQLite 3.5.x

Very cool, thanks! And good luck!

Markus