Re: [Monotone-devel] url schemes

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] url schemes
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 20:50:19 -0600

Timothy Brownawell wrote:
When is nuskool expected to land? Your suggested URL style won't work

I don't think it will be any time soon. I have it in a very early working state as far as syncing revs go but there are several things left to do, some of which may be difficult:

* currently only revs and file data/delta objects are handled
* need to handle certs (I'm not sure how we want to do this)
* also need to handle keys (ditto)
* needs to be faster (at the moment it's about 3x slower than netsync)

There are probably many more things to deal with before it would be anywhere near ready to replace netsync. I've just been poking at it because it seemed interesting. I don't have enough available time to be able to make any real progress though.

Cheers,
Derek