Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Questions about Monotone

From: Daniel Carrera
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Questions about Monotone
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 11:51:33 +0200

Lapo Luchini wrote:
Daniel Carrera wrote:
In those cases I usually stop working in directory Feature_A/ and do a
fresh new checkout (of the last "stable" release on which the fix must
be applied) in directory Issue_B/, then do the quick fix, commit it, and
delete the directory Issue_B/.

Then I continue working on Feature_A/ until it is ready for commit, I
commit it, and only then I "mtn merge".

This of course has sense only if Issue_B/ is "quick & easy", if Issue_B
itself is worth quite a few commits, then creating a branch is probably
much better =)

Thanks. That sounds very simple too. Most of the time Issue_B is quick & easy. Occasionally it isn't.

I just saw another cool thing about monotone. I start working on Issue_B the way you suggest, thinking that it'll be easy. Then I realize that it won't be so easy after all. I can just create a new branch right then without losing my existing work.

I like that flexibility.

Daniel.