Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Undo a commit

From: Daniel Carrera
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Undo a commit
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 21:45:29 +0200

Ludovic Brenta wrote:
# Oops, I made a mistake and I want to take that revison out

$ mtn log --last=1
Copy the parent revision
$ vi _MTN/revision
Replace the current revision with its parent
$ mtn db kill_rev_locally h:some_branch

And I'm happy.

Thanks. I have bookmarked your instructions.

It would be nice if Monotone had a command for this. For example, "mtn undo" or "mtn uncommit". Naturally, it should give ask to confirm that you really want to do this.

How do the developers feel about a feature like this one?

Cheers,
Daniel.