Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: nvm.stripped

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: nvm.stripped
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 18:11:36 -0600

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Zack Weinberg <address@hidden> wrote:
I put some patches on .library-build to deal with this.  The 'best
effort' functionality is not available in 1.5 as far as I know, but I
don't know any reason why the //TRANSLIT//IGNORE thing that we had
before the 'best effort' patches isn't good enough...  Lapo is perhaps

That's what I was wondering too. I also wonder if maybe libidn might have fixed the problem in the intervening 5 years since Graydon grabbed a copy. IIRC Lapo was fighting with the changelog comment on one particular revision in the monotone history. It would be interesting to have this test case if we can dig it up. In the meantime I'll probably just move the //TRANSLIT stuff up into charset.cc and then go ahead with switching to the system installed libidn.

the only person who would know.

Yeah, hopefully he reads some of this at some point. ;)

Cheers,
Derek