Re: [Monotone-devel] WARNING: ~/.monotone/keys CONSIDERED HARMFUL

From: Daniel Carrera
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] WARNING: ~/.monotone/keys CONSIDERED HARMFUL
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:40:15 +0200

Ethan Blanton wrote:
Robert White spake unto us the following wisdom:
Daniel Carrera wrote:
Robert White wrote:
or consider the need to have two or more development stations that _can_
_not_ reach each other over a network, so sneaker-netting a secondary
store would be required.  (and so on).
I also don't understand why this scenario requires different keys for
each store.
Try things like wanting to be able to revoke/destroy one key when the
contract is over, or maybe because the keys were made at different times
for different purposes.

Seriously, just because you don't understand any use case where you
would want more than one key doesn't mean they don't exist...

Robert was asking for clarification, which is a reasonable thing to
do.  There is no need to be snide or rude about it.  If you have a
legitimate use case, and can articulate it, then software can be built
to accomodate it.  If you cannot articulate it, then it is hard to
build an appropriate solution which benefits all parties.  It is
reasonable to ask for clarification.

Hey! *I* was the one asking for clarification! You got our names mixed up. Robert is the one with the use case and I am the one who said "I don't understand".

Daniel.