[Monotone-devel] Lua loading dynamic libraries not possible in monotone?

From: Markus Hanauska
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Lua loading dynamic libraries not possible in monotone?
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 14:43:03 +0200

Hello!

Can someone comment on this bug

https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?24639

? What is causing it? Is it a bug or is it by intention? I'd like to create hooks in monotone that need to run native code. The only way to do so is to create a dynamically loadable library, load it from within my Lua script and execute code of it. However, when doing so, monotone Lua says that the support for this feature is missing. Any ideas why?

The platform itself supports this. When downloading and building Lua command line interpreter, I can run the code and it works just fine.

Kindest regards,
Markus