[Monotone-devel] what exactly is tests/spawn_redirected_hook_helper test

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: [Monotone-devel] what exactly is tests/spawn_redirected_hook_helper testing?
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 17:46:16 -0700

The 0.43 package for Debian is failing to build on several of their
architectures because tests/spawn_redirected_hook_helper is unreliable
on a heavily loaded machine; there's a race where one of the processes
created by the test can hang around and create a file just when the
test runner is trying to blow away the test directory, causing that to
fail.  I'm pretty clear on how the race happens, but I'm not sure what
the test is actually *testing*, so it's not clear how to fix it.
Anyone know?

Also, does anyone have a Linux/Sparc box (ideally Debian, but the
problem is unlikely to be specific to them) that I could bum a login
on?

zw